Shipping Coordinator - Alexandria, NSW
Living Edge’s purchasing team is looking for an importation & exportation expert to join us as Shipping Coordinator in our Sydney office.
This role looks after the import and export aspects of the Living Edge business, so suits someone with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordination and tracking of International shipping from foreign suppliers to local warehouses;
- Communication and updates internally to all stakeholders through system updates, tracking sheets and specific reports where required;
- Project shipment monitoring and liaison with Project Managers;
- Accurately capturing and monitoring the costs of shipments;
- Approval of freight invoices for accounts department;
- Ensuring all legal/customs/quarantine requirements are met for incoming shipments;
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Must have experience working in a customer-focused role servicing import/export businesses;
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think laterally and have good problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner;
- Have a sound understanding of commercial enterprise and be familiar with basic accounting principles;
- Good reasoning skills and be able to analyse data and prepare reports reflecting findings and advise on strategic direction in relation to your role;
- Strong negotiations skills with suppliers, freight forwarders;
- Have sound knowledge of industry standard computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.